Saturday, June 14, 2008

Tabbouleh

I didn't take this picture, as you can probably surmise from the fact that it is a decent photo. I wanted to take a picture of the tabbouleh I made a couple days ago, but I accidentally ate it all. But it looked quite a bit like this one, and was very, you guessed it, nutrient dense. And it was pretty good. I loosely followed the recipe out of the Moosewood cookbook (see previous post) and it worked well. I, naturally, added only a tablespoon of oil when she called for a quarter cup, but it was still good, and served it over a HUGE PILE OF LETTUCE. Man, I just love lettuce SO MUCH.

Tabbouleh

1 c dry bulgur wheat
1 1/2 c boiling h2o
dash salt
freshly ground pepper
1/4 c lemon juice
1 TBS olive oil
2 cloves garlic, crushed
4 green onions, minced
1 bunch parsley, minced
15 mint leaves, minced
2 medium tomatoes, dices
1 cucumber, diced
(you could also add green bell pepper and chickpeas, but I was done dicing)

Combine the bulgur with the boiling water, cover and let sit for a half hour, until soft.
Meanwhile, combine all the dressing ingredients (everything but the veggies) and cut the veggies
When the bulgur is soft, add the dressing and let sit a half hour or so
Add veggies
Pile of lettuce
Put in face


No comments: