Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Asian Noodle Salad

Thanks to Kristin, who recommended this delicious salad recipe. In order to make it low-calorie enough, I had to doctor the dressing recipe quite a bit (and it was still higher in sodium than I normally allow, but, hey, you gotta live a little...), so you can check out my adaptation below. All in all, it was really great and definitely something I could take to a summer potluck without anyone knowing instantly what a freaky zealot I am.

Asian Noodle Salad

spinach
shredded red and green (or napa) cabbage
thinly sliced yellow and orange bell peppers
mung bean sprouts
a bunch of cilantro, coarsely chopped
a bunch of green onions, thinly sliced
whole wheat rotini

soy sauce
brown sugar (or honey)
coupla garlic cloves, pressed
a hunk of ginger, minced
juice of a lime or two
a bit of a jalapeno, minced
orange juice, to dilute the saltiness
a coupla tablespoons sesame oil
a coupla tablespoons olive oil

Sorry no measurements, but you can pretty much follow your heart. When I make it again, I will just mix together all the healthy stuff and then add just enough of the oil, soy sauce and sugar to make it fly.

No comments: